many questions on cudafy

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
i am a graduate from bioinformatics program and i want to do high processing projects in bioinformatics such as sequence alignment gene bank search and mining , molecular modeling
some projects want nvidia tesla k10,k20,k20x which work on windows server 2008 r2
my first question is does cudafy work on windows server 2008 r2 in .net 4 ?
second question is will cudafycl offer cpu programming on intel or amd processors and multi GPU programming on amd GPUs?

finally i want to say that microsoft research now want bioinformatics projects and softwares
bioinformatics always needs clusters which we can do by .net wcf and always need cpu and gpu which we can do with cudafy
cudafy os ver important to bioinformatics and to future of microsoft because c# and .net contain GUI, image processing, web development, client app development , database , and needs cudafy and will graphics
for graphics there is sharpdx or slimdx but i prefer slimdx because it work on windows and windows server versions but it didn't update it self to windows 8
and there also sharpgl which perform opengl 4.2 with the same function names and syntax in .net c# winforms , wpf
thank you with my best wishes of success to your project
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM
CUDAfy should work fine under Windows Server so long as you have updates installed and .NET 4.0. But proof is in the pudding so best to simply try it.
OpenCL support is in private beta phase. It allows use of AMD GPUs and Intel CPUs with minimal code changes. Basically if you can program CUDA then you can often now target these other processors by changing an enum. If you want to try this then please contact me directly and I will send you the beta version.
Graphics interop is something I do not know much about though a couple of CUDAfy users are exploring this.
Nick
Mar 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
yeah thank you Nickkopp
by targeting intel CPU intel CPU is powerfull than amd CPU compare between core i7 extreme with 10 cores and 30 miga cash and amd fx processor 8 cores and 8 miga cash your choice is right
and targeting amd and nvidia is awsome becasue both will releasing amazing GPUs
and i am aslo happy that cudafy work on widnows server with .net 4
thank Nickkopp your project is very important and amazing it will open image processing, sequence analysis, molecular modeling,
.net 4 with wcf,wpf,winforms, asp.net,ado.net,linq, and cudafy introduce a complete suite for software developing for bioinformatics and other targets go on
go on
Mar 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I use CUDAFY on Windows Server 2008 R2 a lot. I'm also using on Windows 8 now and starting to on Server 2012.

I agree with these last comments: GPU + WPF (and the user experience of modern Windows) is awesome. CUDAFY has some issues around generics or LINQ (actually does well on generics most times as they are just syntactic sugar), but they are easily manageable. I find it is the best thing out there.
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
thank you
that's awesome that you used cudafy on windows server 2008 r2 because great nvidia tesla GPUs don't support windows 7 but it work on windows server 2008 r2
please if you succeeded in using cudafy on windows 8 , windows 2012 tell us and with details
your words make me happy
thank you with my best wishes or succeed