This project is read-only.

Strange error

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:07 PM
My CUDAfy application has strangely stopped working this morning and now crashes with the exception Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFE6127A74A (igdrcl64.dll) on the line ComputeErrorCode error = CL10.GetPlatformIDs(0, null, out handlesLength); in ComputePlatform.cs - This was working fine yesterday igdrcl64 appears to be related to the intel hd graphics driver (although my main card is an NVidia 960 - My machine ran a windows update yesterday which may be related. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar ??
Sep 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM
This definately appears to be an issue with the latest Intel HD drivers.
The same problem is being reported here with OpenCV https://github.com/shimat/opencvsharp/issues/243
Oct 31, 2016 at 2:08 PM
When testing my application on Intel's latest Skylake architecture of IGPs, I encountered the same issue. Not sure whether it was a driver or architecture issue, not had the time to investigate this further.

Considering it's been >12 months now without an update to Cudafy, I was debating whether I'd need to re-engineer my application to use a different solution than Cudafy. Hoping that Nick and the Cudafy devs will swoop in and save the day with an update. ;)
Nov 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM
It seems to have been a driver issue, and resolved when i installed the latest drivers, i've tested on various Intel GPUs since and not seen the problem again.

However, despite really liking Cudafy it i've dropped it due to the lack of updates and missing features in the OpenCL support.
I switched to using Cloo (which Cudafy uses under the hood) and OpenCL. Swapping was pretty painless esp since you can just save out the generated kernel code from Cudafy to give you a quick start. Grab a copy of OpenCL in action and you'll be up and running in no time.