This project is read-only.

Exception: can't find cuDeviceTotalMem_v2 in nvcuda.dll (Resolved)

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I've installed a 3rd gpu card and updated to Cuda toolkit 4.2 (64bit) and SDK 4.2 (64 bit) along with Cudafy 1.8. I have driver 296.35 with Win7 x64.

I was able to run the CudafyByExample code prior to the upgrade, but now during the CreateDevice attempt it crashes with a System.EntryPointNotFoundException with the text "Unable to find an entry point named 'cuDeviceTotalMem_v2' in DLL 'nvcuda'".

I checked the environment variables have the correct paths, and the Path variable is pointing to the 4.2 toolkit.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Well Steve it is possible that the API has changed with 4.2 - we have not yet run tests here. There will be in May a new release of CUDAfy that also features other bug fixes and more context control (something we hoped could remain transparent to user).

A couple of things do come to mind:

• CUDA website states that V 301.32 Or 301.27 drivers are needed, so try this first,
  • It could be that the CUDA 4.2 uses _v3 versions of some methods.

Nick

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Just upgraded to CUDA 4.2 and tested with both the 295 drivers and the recommended 301 version. No issues at all, however I've only tried on a notebook.  Will updated the maths libraries to use CUDA 4.2 shortly.

Nick 

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanks Nick,

I upgraded to the 301 drivers and it seems to be working.