Just trying to get started - VS2012 x64 - Only MSVC 9.0 and MSVC 10.0 are supported.

May 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Edited May 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Hi,

I'm just trying to get started with CUDA/Cudafy. I started with a clean Window 8 x64 installation with CUDA 5 SDK (working fine), Visual Studio 2012 (working fine), and Cudafy installed.

I've since updated the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\BuildCustomizations, have installed VC++ 2008, and have added the VC2008 bin directory to my path.

Even now, when I try to run the CudafyByExample solution I get the following error...
simple_kernel
Cudafy.CudafyCompileException: Compilation error: nvcc : fatal error : nvcc cann
ot find a supported cl version. Only MSVC 9.0 and MSVC 10.0 are supported
Would very much appreciate some advice on what to try next.
May 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I just tired the new beta installer for Cudafy. During installation the test phase gives me the same error...
Platform=x64
Checking for CUDA SDK at C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.0\bin\nvcc
CUDA SDK Version=5.0
Attempting to cudafy a kernel function.
Successfully translated to CUDA C.
Attempting to compile CUDA C code.
Compilation error: nvcc : fatal error : nvcc cannot find a supported cl version. Only MSVC 9.0 and MSVC 10.0 are supported
All of the nvidia cuda demos seem to work fine. Just checked and the Emgu demo's works fine too.
May 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Finally got it working.

This made all the difference...
https://cudafy.codeplex.com/discussions/284752

And I also had to rebuild from sources with .Net 4.5 as the target framework.