This project is read-only.

Error: The type initializer for 'Cudafy.Host.CudafyHost' threw an exception.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I'm trying to set up Cudafy on Windows 8 using VS2010 & VS2012 and I'm getting the errors below. I'm running a GeForce GTX 590 card. I'm wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Things I've tried to resolve this issue include:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin in the nvcc.profile file
  • 32bit and 64bit versions of CUDA SDK 5.0 and 5.5
  • Earlier versions of nvidia graphics drivers (300.xx, 310.xx)
  • Switching on/off Multi-GPU mode
Screenshots of errors from Install.

Screenshots of compiling error from CudafyByExample project:

Screenshot of deviceQuery (CUDA sample):
Jun 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
This is interesting. It is actually failing on a completely non-GPU related piece of code, namely instantiating the PerformanceCounter. A quick google of "PerformanceCounter type initializer cannot load counter name data" reveals that most likely your counters are corrupted on this machine. One of the results shows possible fixes.
Jun 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Thanks NickKopp, I done a format and reinstalled everything - funnily enough, it's working now with the same set-up and configuration I had. I think it could of possibly been a driver issue.

If anyone else looks at this thread with the same problem, the one thing I would have tried to solve it was a complete clean out with DriverSweeper and then a fresh reinstall of nVidia drivers.