CUDA 6.0 Support

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Hello, a quick question...

Does CUDAfy support CUDA 6.0 RC or do I need to use 5.5?

Thank you!
May 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Hello,

I was encountering the same problem and decided to use ILSpy to find out why exactly CUDAFY was unable to detect my CUDA 6.0 installation. As it turns out, it's hardcoded (!) to only look for Major Versions 5 or lower. Not very elegant...
Coordinator
May 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM
The complete source code is available here on CodePlex. Previously the CUDA SDK did not always have a consistent naming structure. Plus there is a risk involved in permitting CUDAfy to automatically move up to a new major version of CUDA without first testing. Furthermore the Maths libraries are dependent on specific DLLs in CUDA. These DLLs are renamed for every version of CUDA therefore if you are using them then CUDAfy only works with one specific CUDA version.
Please feel free to offer a more elegant solution!
May 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Edited May 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I'm also really curious about this more elegant solution. Care to share with the rest of us, Rotbarsch?
May 12, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thanks Nick about this future release.

By the same, it could be helpful, if somebody would be able to explain the logic to let nvcc compiling withtout to be Professionnal VS 2012 ... with this new 6.0 release. I think it`s possible by downloading Win 7.1 SDK ... but the System variables settings and some bat files (ex: vcvars64.bat), looks like "road fighter" job. I still continue to use sm_21 even if I have 5.5 installed for the moment.

Thanks again,