CUDAfy + CUDA 6.5

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Hi,
I've made some patches to support CUDA 6.5.
It seems to be working, and I'd love to share this with you guys, but this ghastly code-plex site is really giving me heevie bejeevies...

I've changed the way that the CUDA SDK is detected to querying the registry keys NVIDIA so kindly put there so that 3rd party libraries/build-tools like CUDA-fy wouldn't need to start enumerating directories in Program-Files hoping to find one that looks "OK"

I think the project needs a serious shake-up in the form of:
  • Real code-hosting site, that encourages contributions and discussions (pull-requests, issue), in other words, look around, there's a good reason codeplex is a ghost town in 2014
  • a CI system (Code-better, appveyor, travis-ci) the build on every commit / pull-request and infroms the project commiters if a pull-request/commit has passed unit-tests
  • Decent build instructions in a README file (which would of course be not needed if a CI system was in place)
  • The ability to be able to build a complete build for testing including the merging part of your build (Why use NReactor? Was ILMerge / ILRepack considered? Found not to work?)
I'd be happy to lend a helping hand, and provide my patches for CUDA 6.5
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Really short on time here so unfortunately no chance to look into this and give your work and comments the attention it deserves.

Can you recommend a better code hosting site?

ILMerge did not work. ILRepack not tried - can you give it a go?

Nick
Sep 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I'd just go with GitHub, everybody else is there, it's free for opensource/public projects.
Has Issues management, public pull-requests, integration with build-servers like appveyor/teamcity (codebetter),
It's just really the way to go.

The nice thing about github is that if you really get into it, you could also start hosting the project documentation there.

Switching from SVN to git should not be a huge deal, It practically CANNOT be done from the codeplex brain-damaged implementation of SVN,
BUT if you guys have another, real, subversion server that I could access in read-only I could do the svn2git workflow and get you on github pretty easily without losing one commit of history.

But switching to git + github isn't something you just do technically, you need to actually make the mental switch into git before you hop on to a site.

I will try ILRepack, and let you know what's up.

If you have problems sharing the svn with me publicly, but don't mind sharing read-only access with me, you can send me the svn url to: dans@houmus.org.
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:26 AM
Was this ever accomplished? I'd love to see those patches :)

Cheers... s.e.t.i.